Dublin Consignments for sale.
Dublin’s largest consignment centre for boats and equipment is at Ballard, just south of the city centre, where the former home of the Irish flag and a new airport are being converted into a consignment shop.
Dubrie’s oldest and largest consignments store, Dublin Consigning, has an area of 5,500 square metres.
It has more than 30 employees, who specialise in selling the shipbuilding, engineering, machinery and construction equipment for which the island is famous.
The company, founded in 1916 by the late Robert Hatton, has operated on the island since the 1960s, and has its headquarters at the former Castle Road on the outskirts of the capital.
It was established in 1946 to sell equipment and supplies for the shipyard and other ships in the harbour, but has since grown to offer equipment, machinery, boat building and equipment for sale, including boat repair, boat maintenance and repair, fishing equipment, fishing boats and other marine equipment.
Dubneys biggest consignment facility, at the city’s main train station, is being transformed into a boat shop.
It also has a boat repair department, which has been providing repairs to many of the boat manufacturers in the area, such as Fintrac and Kymco.
In 2014, the company bought a boat, an ex-Fintrac.
The boat was sold for €150,000, and the sale was confirmed as a sale to the Republic of Ireland.
The other consignment site is in the small town of Castletown, on the southern tip of the island.
It is located on the site of the former Loughnecastle Naval Hospital, which closed in 2008.
The site was built by the Royal Irish Academy for use as a barracks for the Royal Navy during the Second World War.
The old hospital was demolished in 2014 to make way for a new naval base, but the building is now used as a hotel.
Dubney Consignings said it was hoping to increase its sales in 2016 and 2017 to €2m.